Cultural event : celebration of the 360 years of the former duchy of Arenberg (1644-2004), on Sunday september 12th, 2004 in Lommersdorf and then in Aremberg (Eifel) with the bourgomasters of the 11 villages that were part of this former sovereign State.
The church of Lommersdorf
The bourgomasters of the 11 villages light the eleven branch candle, symbol of hope and solidarity
A floral arrangement representing the Arenberg coat of arms
The bourgomaster of Adenau, Mr. Hermann-Josef Romes, in conversation with H.S.H prince Henri d'Arenberg
H.S.H the duke d'Arenberg, H.E the Minister of Finances of Rhineland-Palatinate, Dr. Gernot Mittler, Dr. Jürg Pföhler, member of the regional parlament, and the bourgomaster of Adenau, Mr. Hermann-Josef Romes
The local bourgomaster of Aremberg, Mr. Aloïs Schneider, during his speech
H.S.H the duke d'Arenberg with Prof. Dr. Franz Josef Heyen, former managing director of the Archives of the Rhineland-Palatinate
H.S.H the duke d'Arenberg during his speech
Dr. Peter Neu, regional historian, talks about the duchy d'Arenberg during the 'Ancien Régime'
The former bourgomaster of Aremberg, Mr. Aloïs Udelhofen